Thursday, February 2, 2012

Renfrew Top

Hi everyone, sorry about the lack of posts. Yes, I am still sewing along with Tasia in the Minoru Jacket Sew-A-Long but we are at a bit of a road block. I will take a few photos on the weekend and write an update on the jacket progress thus far.

In the meantime can I introduce you to another of Tasia's patterns?
The Renfrew Top from Sewaholic Patterns.

Click to go to the Sewaholic pattern store

I received my copy in the mail late last week and have been itching to make one up. I only had a metre of 150cm wide (60") knit fabric in my rather small stash so it was neck line view A with sleeve length view B that I made up this afternoon. The pattern recommends more fabric than this, and I did really squeeze it out.

Front View
A closer view of cuffs and neckline
(sorry about the wonky photo)

Waist band

Overlock (serger) detail. (hmm, my hands look old in this photo)

Back view
Sorry I know the photos could be better. I was excited to finish but it is just about my bedtime and  so they are quite dark.

I made size 6 as the measurements were pretty spot on for me. After making this version I might try the next size up if I purchased fabric with a similar amount of stretch. I would like a fraction more room in the bust and hips. Having said that, this probably fits me better than any store brought Tee I have purchased in a long time.

This Renfrew was sewn on my sewing machine using a zigzag stitch, seam allowances were neatened up using my overlocker (which I am still trying to master). 

Very happy with the outcome, I will definitely make again. Next time the V neck perhaps.

Happy sewing peeps
Dana

No comments:

Post a Comment